Books and social media have over the years form a part of my getaway from the physical world plan. The book part, I have toned down on, to a lazy stage, well, I have always been lazy.
But on one of my forays into my social media getaway, I stumbled upon a series of tweets on Twitter, the one referred to as thread and so, I found it very instructive and decided to share. Of course, with the implied permission of the tweeter: “Flower – @missdimples_21.”
The lessons were broken into bullets and comes in ten parts but for the purpose of blogging, I have broken them into two parts. 5 bullet points for each blogpost.
Don’t get married;
1. If you’re not ready to delay gratification when your are angry. To hold your tongue, lower your voice and sometimes wait till the appropriate time, to deal with an issue thoroughly.
Immaturity is the inability to delay gratification.
Marriage is for the mature!
2. If you are not ready to leave center stage and allow someone else to become your focus, your study, your muses – don’t get married.
Selfish people make very bad spouses. In marriage you don’t lose yourself but your heart has to be big enough to gain someone else.
3. If you are not ready to stand up and calmly deal with meddling in-laws as a united front: The opinionated sister, the insensitive uncle, the domineering father, the mannerless brother, the nosy aunt
4. If you are not ready to pay bills. LOVE DOES NOT PAY BILLS
Electricity companies will not give a waiver because your love is so strong and your gazes at each other are so romantic.
5. If you are not ready to let go of your opposite sex “best friends” and invest that into your spouse.
To like, to laugh, to play, to be silly and to enjoy life with them, above anyone else.
Most times Affairs happen because people did not marry their best friends. Someone else holds their heart. Someone else gets them better. Someone else inspires them more. Marry your best friend and cultivate your friendship so that you remain best friends.
To be continued……
The second and concluding part drops in a bit.
‘Lanre Bucknor writes from Lagos and he is not yet married. Read again, not yet married but will do so one day so soon for he is hungry to.
Please, do not ask him when he will marry, for he and everyone knows that the only day he will marry is on his wedding day which apparently isn’t here yet.
‘Lanre can be found on twitter and Instagram via @lordrooz handle.